Up Learn Parent Accounts
In addition to your child receiving everything that they need to get the best grades at A Level, your Up Learn parent account provides you with the tools you need to monitor their progress and performance
- Up Insights
View what the course covers and how your child is doing in each topic (the coloured progress bars). This gives you an indication of where their strengths and weaknesses currently lie, and you can encourage them to ‘Strengthen’ topics that appear weak, or in red
- Manage Your Account
Add extra Up Learn courses, chat to our team of experts, edit/upgrade or cancel your subscription if you’re on a weekly plan, and adjust your payment method
- Progress Overview
You can view your child’s level and overall progress (Up Intelligence Score) as a percentage. This is actually the most important thing to keep an eye on as it shows you your child’s overall mastery and completion of the course. The closer they are to 90%, the closer they are to being A* ready
WHEN TO BUY
Year 12 or Year 13?
The best time for your child to start using Up Learn is just before they start Year 12. This flipped learning approach will enable them to build a knowledge base, which they can then consolidate in class. They will then find learning throughout the year much easier and less stressful, as well as be ahead of their classmates.
If your child has already started Year 12 or Year 13, you’ll want to buy Up Learn as soon as possible.
In Year 12, Up Learn will help your child perform better in mock exams (or AS exams, depending on exam board). As a result, they will have higher predicted grades and a stronger reference for their university application
In Year 13, Up Learn has regularly helped students improve their performance and consolidate their already strong grades to meet their university offers. Students using Up Learn have also told us how they have felt less stressed whilst using Up Learn – their confidence has grown as they have understood topics more and retained knowledge better.
THE BETTER CHOICE
Up Learn vs Regular Private Tutor
Up Learn alumni can be found at top universities such as Oxford, Cambridge, LSE & Imperial, or taking a year out to apply to top universities after achieving much higher grades than expected
- A*/A guaranteed, or your money back – find out more
- 97% A*/A success rate for students that complete Up Learn.
- Additional one-to-one tutor support anytime, anywhere from our specially trained Up Tutor team
- Subject and exam board specific
- Detects weak spots and gaps in your child’s knowledge and focuses on those until resolved
- Interactive video lessons covering your child’s entire syllabus, exam technique and exam examples
- Hundreds of videos, thousands of questions, and exclusive exam practice papers to help your child master every topic
- Educational neuroscience helps your child learn more effectively, and retain knowledge longer
- No tutor can guarantee you an A*/A grade
- Highly variable tutor quality. Perhaps even a university student with minimal prior experience
- No support outside of lessons
- Subject but not exam board specific
- Lacks big picture view of your child’s progress across different topics
- Unstructured lessons helping your child with only a small portion of what they need to get an A* in your subject
- No additional resources so your child will have to fend for themselves
- Offers counterproductive advice based on false intuitions, rather than the science of learning